This blog post also published on the official Yahoo Tumblr.
Today, Yahoo is thrilled to host thousands of developers at our third Mobile Developer Conference, where we will take a look at the ever-evolving mobile landscape, talk to developers about building their businesses and share updates on the Yahoo Mobile Developer Suite.
Yahoo is grounded in data and analytics. Today, we’re sharing learnings from our proprietary insights and research, which includes state-of-the-industry reports for mobile and native advertising. Notable insights:
- Yahoo now supports 250,000 developers, reaching more than 800,000 apps across more than 2 billion devices with 10 billion sessions every day.
- Last year was another groundbreaking period of the mobile revolution. Overall app usage grew by 58%. That said, the industry is now experiencing the seven-year-itch, hardware hasn’t iterated or changed in several years, so the next wave of innovation is poised to be driven by software.
- In just one year, Yahoo’s native ad business has grown from zero to a one trillion ad-request run rate. From that, Yahoo is able to extrapolate what type of native ads perform best, where developers should place ads and what advertiser segments see the highest performance rates in specific app categories.
Throughout the morning, we will also announce updates to the Yahoo Mobile Developer Suite that developers will use to analyze their data, vital to growing their apps and building their businesses. Yahoo is debuting the following updates:
- The All New Flurry: The new, redesigned Flurry provides a faster and more intuitive way to analyze data. Current customers can opt-in and gradually transition to the new platform over the next couple months.
- The Flurry App: The Flurry app takes all the functionality of the newly redesigned Flurry dashboard to be accessed, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. The app is free and available now on iOS and Android.
- tvOS Analytics Support: As tvOS captures more and more consumer time, developers can now leverage Flurry’s leading analytics to analyze, advertise, monetize and enhance their tvOS apps.
- Direct Ad Serving: The new Flurry dashboard now allows developers to tackle ad inventory and build stronger relationships with their advertisers by directly managing the trafficking, targeting and tracking of ad campaigns.