Online marketers put up big numbers targeting 5.6 million rabid fans with highly personalized ads
Football season’s done, but top brands and marketers are already cooking up ways to connect with the 5.6 million registered fans of Yahoo! Fantasy Football next year. At the 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football Partner Summit this week in Las Vegas, representatives from hundreds of brands, agencies, and advertisers---including all-pros like BBDO, Saatchi &Saatchi LA, Starcom MediaVest, P&G, Nike, and Toyota---were coached up on the hottest game plan since the pistol offense: Yahoo!’s personalized Smart Ads.
Yahoo! Smart Ads are high-impact, personalized, and optimized ads that are tailored to individual users, and marketers put up big numbers with them last year on Yahoo! Fantasy Football (see video below):
- Click-through-rates up as high as 0.5%
- Brand times as high as 35 seconds (measures how long a user interacts with an ad)
- Brand interaction rates up to 9.01% (measures number of unique ad interactions divided by impressions)
The rabid fans of top-ranked Yahoo! Fantasy Football make a perfect target audience for Smart Ads. This scouting report shows that they’re off-the-charts in passion and engagement:
- 5.6 million registered users spend an average of 8 hours a month on the Yahoo! Fantasy Football site
- 34% log in five or more times a day during the four-month season; that’s 2.3 billion page views a month
- 40% of males can recall Fantasy Football ads on any given day
At the summit, brands and marketers were immersed in Smart Ads strategy, including best practices, case studies, and successful ad approaches from last year. Star brands like Lowe’s, Scottrade, Visa, Snicker’s and Miller Lite scored with Smart Ads last year using a wide variety of personalization techniques, including fantasy stat reports and roster tips personalized to individual users.