Team up with Yahoo!'s top-ranked coverage to get your brand in the game
The Super Bowl transcends sports---it's practically a national holiday. The live broadcast has set viewership records each of the last four years, but online, Yahoo!'s coverage before, during and after the game beats the competition in a blowout. For the 2013 game, we're offering marketers a bulging playbook of opportunities to get their brand in front of the most engaged, passionate online audience of football fanatics around.
"Yahoo! attracts more Super Bowl fans than any other online media company in the world," says Ken Fuchs, Yahoo! VP, Sports. "From the circus of Media Day, to the parties and celebrities, to comprehensive game coverage, play-by-play and stats, and post-game from the locker rooms with our writers, Yahoo! provides fans the most in-depth experience both on and off the field."
If John Madden, Hall of Fame coach, Monday Night Football star and video game icon, drew up our plays with his trusty telestrator, white arrows would cover the screen---because we're going to hit as many fans from as many directions as possible to help advertisers run up the score on their marketing goals. (Check out our huge roster of 2013 Super Bowl sponsorship opportunities after the jump.)
Winning big with online Super Bowl coverage
Hey, it's not bragging if it's true. Here are keys stats from our 2012 Super Bowl coverage:
- 52 million unique users the week before, day of and week after the game---that's 30% more than runners-up ESPN and Fox Sports, which holds broadcast rights.
- More than 13 million streams of Super Bowl video content, including nearly 11 million streams of Super Bowl commercials
- Significant growth in user reach and engagement over our 2011 Super Bowl coverage:
- +10% in users
- +20% in time spent
- +30% in page views
We always kick off our coverage on the Yahoo! home page, delivering original Super Bowl content that targets fans from the football fanatics to the celebrity-obsessed. Last year, our home page ran more than 100 Super Bowl-related stories that delivered nearly 64 million clicks to other Super Bowl content on Yahoo! sites as diverse as omg!, Yahoo! Finance, Shine from Yahoo!, and even Yahoo! Autos.
Game-breaking plays for brands
We'll work with your to create marketing plays that score big with your target audiences. Here are two highlights from last year's game that show the scope of opportunities available to advertisers:
- Chrysler's dramatic "Halftime in America" ad starring Clint Eastwood that paired a TV spot with a video takeover of the Yahoo! homepage.
- "Live from the Bud Light Hotel," four days of exclusive activities, anchored by a concert with 50 Cent and Pitbull broadcast live on Yahoo!, with more features on Yahoo! Sports and omg! Yahoo! users consumed more than 22 million pages and 18.8 million minutes of event content.
Our Super Bowl 2013 play book
All season long, we build Super Bowl cred with millions of online fans through our in-depth coverage of regular and post-season play on Yahoo! Sports, and our market leading Fantasy Football program.
Our deep knowledge of the game and diverse portfolio of original NFL and Super Bowl content allows us to build custom integrated branding programs that can reach a wide range of audiences across Yahoo! sites, leveraging online, onsite, mobile and social components to help marketers go long and connect with their target (Had enough football analogies yet? Nah, neither have we).
We'll work with you to find---or create---the most potent plays to reach your marketing goals. And there's a stadium-full of sponsorship opportunities available now for the 2013 Super Bowl:
NFL Post-Season Video:
- "NFL This Week," including on-location content from New Orleans
- Super Bowl commercials channel on Yahoo! Screen
NFL Post-Season Original Editorial:
- Yahoo! NFL Experts Editorial, with social and branded content features
- Exclusive NFL Blog "Shutdown Corner"
NFL Social and Fantasy Football Programs:
- Post Season Pick 'Em
NFL Post Season and Super Bowl Takeovers:
Yahoo.com Home Page
- Yahoo Home page takeovers
- Branded Super Bowl content module
Yahoo! Sports On-Site: The Super Ship
- A unique branded customer- or client-facing experience in New Orleans
- Yahoo! Sports Super Bowl Hub
Beyond the Game:
- Super Bowl men's lifestyle content on The PostGame
- Super Bowl entertainment content on Shine from Yahoo!
- Super Bowl celebrity and athlete photo galleries on omg!
Learn how you can get in the zone with Yahoo!'s industry-leading Super Bowl coverage by contacting your Yahoo! account executive or calling 866-747-7327.