The Web is the number-one source of tourney information, and Yahoo Sports is where they go to get it
How insanely popular is March Madness, formally known as the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship tournament? Only the Super Bowl and BCS title game draw more fans, and a whopping 45% of Americans fill out tourney brackets with their predicted winners. The tourney may be a few months away, but now's the time to get your game plan in place. So if March Madness fans are your target market, post up to this infographic to learn their online habits and how Yahoo can help you connect with them.
Some key stats on March Madness fans:
- 91% get their tourney news online (vs 80% for TV)
- 50% multi-task on mobile while watching games on TV
- They share more content, view more videos and photos, and email each other more frequently after the tourney than during or before it
Why Yahoo should be your March Madness star player:
- Yahoo Sports is the #1 NCAA basketball website
- Yahoo Sports’ reach beats TV through each of the Final Four games
- Yahoo is the leader in Fantasy Sports with 13 million users spending 23 billion minutes
For the full picture, fast-break over to see the entire infographic, where you’ll also learn about our personalized Smart Ads display and video solutions, and a wide array of available March Madness sponsorships to help you connect with hordes of highly engaged fans.