The Great Escape
Anyone who remembers the old bubble-bath commercial “Calgon, take me away!” knows all too well that longing feeling of wanting to escape from reality and just … relax. Everyone needs a vacation once in a while, and Yahoo! Travel is just one step away from that awesome getaway.
Whether you’re planning a luxurious week at Lake Como in Italy or just two days closer to home, Yahoo! Travel brings all of your travel needs together in one place. It’s why 13.6 million unique users go to the site to get wherever they’re dreaming of going.
Get inside the minds of the Yahoo! Travel consumers. See how they’re researching vacation spots with Travel Guides and investigating travel themes, such as beach vacations. Then find customers in action at the booking section of the site, where they can purchase flights and hotels. And see where they’re finding the best deals of the day.
Advertisers can engage a vast number of travelers who are progressing through the travel-planning cycle. Consumers come to Yahoo! Travel with a purpose, and advertisers can leverage that purpose to provide them with targeted guidance and offers.
Learn which advertising solutions will most effectively drive customers to interact with your online business. Read about ad tools such as geographic targeting and rich media.
Key audiences: Affluents
Related products: geographic targeting, rich media
By the Numbers
|Unique Visitors||Page Views|
Source: comScore Media Metrix, U.S., August 2011
Tips for Marketers
By attracting audiences that regularly visit Travel—particularly Affluents—Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results.
- Engage Affluents on entertainment, sports, finance, and news content
- Make them feel productive—give them information they can use!
- Connect with Affluents’ passion for shopping online—encourage window shopping.
- Help Affluents—who are frequent online product researchers—stay informed.
- Give on-the-go Affluents online access wherever they are—extend your reach with mobile.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Homepage Roadblock: Influence visitors’ planning with a placement at the gateway to their travel research. This opportunity is rich-media enabled and features demographic, geographic, and behavior targeting.
- Destination Guides: Run an ad placement in one of the guides to target consumers who know where they want to go or who are open to changing their minds.
- Travelocity Flight/Hotel/Car Booking Engine: Present last offers to consumers who are in booking mode, through placements in the Yahoo! Travel booking engine.
- Cruise Booking Path: Use special offers to entice visitors interested in an easy-to-plan, all-inclusive experience.
- Vacation Package Booking Path: Provide customers with package-deal solutions to make getaways to their intended destinations a cinch.
- Lifestyle Advertorial: Present visitors with compelling getaway destinations with this custom opportunity, featuring prominent, integrated placement on the Yahoo! Travel homepage, four distinct logo/branding opportunities dispersed through the advertorial, and the incorporation of rich editorial content with user-generated Flickr photos and Trip Planner itineraries.
- Custom Advertorial: Grab the attention of travelers with this enhanced custom opportunity, featuring integrated placement on the Yahoo! Travel homepage, distinct logo/branding opportunities dispersed through the advertorial, and the incorporation of rich editorial content with user-generated Flickr photos, wallpaper, and an embedded video player.
- One-Click Sponsorship: Stay tied to the hottest and most relevant travel destinations and travel interest stories with this sponsorship, which empowers you to own every click from the Yahoo! Travel homepage and other pages.
- Article Listings Page Sponsorship: Own a page of regularly refreshed travel-related articles on the listings page.
- Editorial Series Roadblock: Roadblock the Yahoo! Travel Editorial Series on the Yahoo! homepage, where visitors find engaging content and offers from partners such as Travel + Leisure and Budget Travel. The series is promoted twice weekly in the homepage Today module.