Got Their Attention
Even when Yahoo! visitors aren’t searching for news, they can’t help but be captured by headlines such as “Bin Laden's Family Speaks,” “Rising Mississippi Takes Aim at Cajun Country," and “More-than-expected Damage Found at Japan Reactor ” catch their eye. From business, world, politics, and science to entertainment, sports, tech, health, and more, there are countless relevant topics and up-to-the-moment news stories available for 70 million visitors to read every day at Yahoo! News.
Hold Their Interest
Yahoo! News, the No. 1 news site in the U.S., is one of the most popular news sources on the Web, attracting more than 50 percent of audiences from other news sites who come to find breaking news and original content. See why America goes to Yahoo! News first for information. Check out various category pages, such as business and health; bizarre stories in odd news, and most popular articles.
The Good News
Yahoo! News—reaching nearly one out of every four online adults—is a great place to target high-income audiences. More than 37 percent of all online news consumers have household incomes greater than $75,000. Yahoo! News reaches more unique users with household incomes of $100,000 than any other news site!
Discover pertinent ad solutions to best extend your reach and trigger consumer action by visiting the rich media and targeting solutions pages.
Property sheet: Download .pdf | Email
Key audiences: Online Dads, Boomer Men, Affluents
Related products: rich media, targeting solutions
By the Numbers
|Unique Visitors||Page Views|
Source: comScore Media Metrix, U.S., August 2011
Tips for Marketers
Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results by attracting audiences that regularly visit Yahoo! News—Online Dads, Boomer Men, and Affluents.
- Engage Online Dads, Boomer Men, and Affluents on sports, finance, games, entertainment, and news content.
- Entice Online Dads with deals, especially consumer electronics—a common shopping category for them.
- Make Boomer Men—who are regular online product researchers—feel empowered in their investigative routines.
- Extend your reach to on-the-go Online Dads and Affluents with mobile.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Own the Front Door of Yahoo! News: Take the opportunity to “own every click” from the Yahoo! homepage to a specific News story page: 75 percent of the Yahoo! News audience visits by clicking on stories from the Yahoo! homepage.
- Yahoo! News Homepage Takeover: Take over the most-visited page on Yahoo! News by using multiple ad units to create high-impact custom brand events with synched creative combinations.
- OPA (Online Publishers Association) Pushdown: Use this placement on the Yahoo! News homepage for a high-impact tandem ad execution seen across a massive ad canvas.
- Yahoo! News Section Takeover: Reach a more targeted audience in one of many relevant news categories, including business, technology, entertainment, U.S. news, world news, sports, politics, health, travel, and science.
- Total Yahoo! News Takeover: Take the opportunity to own every story page, homepage, section front, and photo page for a single day.
- Yahoo! News Editorial Calendar Sponsorship: Capitalize on predicted traffic increases around coverage of exclusive special reports and exclusive events, such as mid-term elections, entertainment award/fashion shows, major sporting events, seasonal events (like Earth Day, back to school, elections), and holidays.
- Yahoo! News Themed Editorial Sponsorships: Take advantage of Yahoo! News’ comprehensive catalog of information and substantial traffic to create a themed editorial series (for example, Healthy Living, Green, Parenting) aligned with your brand.
- Yahoo! News Custom Photo Slideshows: Reach users as they peruse artful imagery and captivating photos tied to a specific theme, and create an emotional connection between engaged users and the sponsoring brand using a visually rich environment.
- Yahoo! News Blogs: Align your brand message with Yahoo! News popular blogs, including The Upshot, the site’s most popular daily blog. Yahoo!’s premiere team of editors and reporters deliver expert insights through analysis, videos, and photos, making Yahoo! News blogs a leading source of original content. The blogs also support editorial initiatives, such as video interviews with Warren Buffett and Willow Bay for Yahoo! Newsmakers.
- Yahoo! News Original Video Programs: Tune in to Yahoo! News’ original video programs. By delivering news through innovative and engaging formats with tremendous scale and reach, Yahoo! News has become a branded entertainment powerhouse. Due to its remarkable collage of stats and little-known facts, Who Knew? remains a popular online program with 2.4 MM unique visitors (comScore Media Metrix, U.S., Sept. 2010). Second Act is an inspirational showcase of real stories that celebrate life, passion, and reinvention. Odd News, hosted by Greg Proops (from “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”), features funny and off-beat but nonetheless true stories. Upgrade Your Life focuses on how gadgets and technology can make your life simpler. Weekend Edition features content covering trends in fitness, health, art, culture, food, and travel. The Fast Fix is a daily political program hosted by Chris Cillizza of the Washington Post. And the interview series, Newsmakers, has featured national newsmakers such as Warren Buffett and former President Bill Clinton.