When you need an escape from reality, Yahoo! Movies can take you wherever you want to go. It might be a fantasy world of superheros, aliens, wizards, warriors, vampires, or cartoon villains that you seek. Or it could be two hours of catharsis through the lives of drug-addicted rock stars, traumatized veterans, hopeless romantics, brilliant entrepreneurs, or blundering goofballs.
Yahoo! Movies, the No. 1 ranked movies site, drives the movie-going experience, enlightening 25.8 million unique users about the best big-screen getaways—past, present, and future. Due in part to the site’s high-quality video and HD content, visitors spend an average of 2.5 minutes per visit on Yahoo! Movies, which streams more than twice the number of trailers and clips than the competition.
The first portal to offer HD movie trailers, Yahoo! Movies maintains the largest collection of HD trailers on the Internet. See what visitors are watching in the trailers & clips section. Movie enthusiasts also go to Yahoo! Movies to check showtimes and tickets, see which movies are about to come out in theaters, read breaking news in the film industry, and more.
Behind the Scenes
Achieve quality scale and drive results for your business by aligning your brand with Yahoo!’s popular movie site. Learn about advertising options at the rich media and Clickable Video Ads pages.
Property sheet: Download .pdf | Email
Key audiences: Men 18–49
Related products: rich media, Clickable Video Ads
By the Numbers
|Unique Visitors||Page Views|
Source: comScore Media Metrix, U.S., August 2011
Tips for Marketers
By attracting audiences that regularly visit Yahoo! Movies—Men 18–34, Men 18–49, and Millennials—Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results.
- Engage these audiences on entertainment, sports, finance, news, video, and games content.
- Help men be “the answer guy” and feel empowered.
- Make entertainment part of the research and investigation routines of these groups.
- Give these audiences immediate access, and extend your reach with mobile.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Main Page Takeovers: Run a takeover on the Yahoo! Movies homepage.
- Showtimes and Tickets Takeover: Take over the most visited section of Yahoo! Movies: Showtimes & Tickets. This placement features buttons to promote ticket purchasing and rollovers with detailed movie info.
- Oscars: Align your brand with the biggest awards night in the film business. Features include photo galleries with visitor comments, video, live blogging, and more.
- Movie Guides—Summer and Holiday: Sponsor Yahoo! Movie Guides, and partner your brand with summer blockbusters and holiday must-sees.
- HD Collection: Leverage your creative messaging in conjunction with exclusive HD trailers, featuring a special Quick Time player viewing in 480p, 720p, and 1080p.
- Red Carpet Photo Collection: Feature ads and skins alongside red carpet galleries of events, premieres, exclusives, and more.
- Top Movie Lists: Tie in ads and wallpapers to the lists of top movies debuted each month.
- DVD Main Page Sponsorship: Own a weekly ad placement of the DVD landing page, which features blogs updated every Monday, including a pick of the week, top DVD sellers, trailers, clips, and more.
- Targeting the Male or Female Moviegoer: Specifically target men or women to extend your qualified reach with messaging that resonates especially with males or females.