At Your Fingertips
How did people ever manage their lives without being able to answer email, check stock prices, upload photos, watch video, and shop retail sites on their phones? Fortunately, with services such as Yahoo! Mobile, consumers have instant access to whatever they want online, wherever they are.
Yahoo! Mobile—one of the most frequented sites on the mobile Web—provides rich, dynamic content from other top Yahoo! sites, including Flickr, Local, Sports, News, Finance, Search, and Weather. But more important, Yahoo! Mobile helps people stay in touch with the people and things that matter to them.
Apps on the Go
Yahoo! Mobile is committed to delivering solutions optimized for a variety of mobile platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and Android. Visitors can quickly download any one of Yahoo! Mobile’s mobile applications—including Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Finance, and Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball.
On-the-go consumers who download Yahoo! Search for mobile, for example, can easily access what they need when they want it. The app integrates innovations such as Search Monkey, Search Assist, location-based technology, and voice search to provide visitors with the best mobile search experience possible—available in 43 countries in 18 languages around the world.
Capture and Captivate
Discover which ad solutions can help you best engage Mobile’s young and on-the-go audience—76 percent of which is 18–49 years old—with innovative ads in compelling formats. Learn about options for behavioral targeting, consumer direct, and device targeting. Yahoo! Mobile’s rich media offering is available for both the mobile Web and apps. For the mobile Web, opportunities include expandable ads, animated ads, and pharmaceutical banners; expandable and click-to video ads; homepage event custom ads; and featured movie integration. For apps, opportunities include expandable and interstitial banner ads; click-to video and click-to embedded video; screen takeover and interactive game custom ads; and sponsored-by-logos integration.
Key audiences: Men 18–49, Women 18–49, Affluents
Related products: behavioral targeting, Consumer Direct, rich media
By the Numbers
Source: comScore m:metrics, U.S., May 2011
Tips for Marketers
Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results by attracting audiences that regularly visit Yahoo! Mobile, including a wide reach of Men 18–49, Women 18–49, and Affluents.
- Engage Men 18–49 and Affluents on entertainment, sports, finance, and news content.
- Reach Women 18–49 with entertainment, shopping, and local content.
- Help Affluents, who are avid online product researchers, stay informed.
- Use both fun and function as approaches to Women 18–49. For them, the Internet is about both.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Yahoo! Homepage Takeovers: Run a one-day takeover, and reach an audience of more than 500,000 consumers.
- MEdia Net Advertising: Align with AT&T’s default mobile homepage, MEdia Net, and get your ads in front of consumers checking out popular sites such as Music, What’s Hot, Entertainment, Latino, and Email & Friends.
- Run-of-Network Text and Display Ads: Turn the entire Yahoo! Mobile ad network into your message board, or run text and/or display ads as part of a performance-based (CPC, CPM, or dCPM) campaign.
- Mobile Smart Ads: Extend your reach to Yahoo! Mobile’s audience with highly relevant, dynamically generated and on-the-go creative messages.
- iPhone and Android Rich Media Ads: Use this full-screen rich media ad for the iPhone or Android to play video, get data capture, or click to your brand’s mobile site.
- Roadblock Options: Run a Mobile roadblock with options such as the homepage, Mail, and full-site takeovers.
- Targeting Options: Choose from demo, geo, carrier, device, lifestyle, and behavioral targeting options.
- Device Targeting: Target specific devices, including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and Nokia Nseries.
- Local Opportunity: Tap into local and regional markets using designated DMA regions with the Mobile Local offering.
- Category and Audience Packages: Get the audience you want by using custom packages based on all available mobile options.