The days of getting lost and resorting to asking mean-looking strangers for directions are over. Popular online solutions such as Yahoo! Maps came along, and drivers everywhere let out sighs of relief with their hands on the wheel at 10 and 2.
Finally, users could simply type in their start and destination points on their computers or mobile devices, click Go, and drive safely on their way. And now, Yahoo! Maps features specific search options for extra assistance, including business locators, multipoint directions, alternate routing, re-routing, personalization, traffic awareness maps, and options to send to email, phone, or car.
Power of Suggestion
Yahoo! Maps may seem to have a goal as simple as helping you finding your way, but there are some other tricks up the site’s figurative sleeves. Visitors, who spend an average of 4.6 minutes per visit on the site, can see which streets in their city), are congested with live traffic. Or they can find a business by typing in a search, such as "closest place for a sandwich."
Visitors to Yahoo! Maps have the income to support their buying intentions: 40 percent of visitors have a household income of over $75,000. Influence commerce behavior with a key ad solution for Yahoo! Maps: targeting solutions.
Yahoo! Maps also features integration with other Yahoo! sites, such as Local, Travel, Flickr, Real Estate, and Music. And an API Developer Network offers easy access to and innovation for developer tools.
Key audiences: Online Moms
Related products: Targeting Solutions
By the Numbers
| Unique Visitors|| Page Views|
Source: comScore Media Metrix, U.S., August 2011
Tips for Marketers
Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results by attracting audiences that regularly visit Yahoo! Maps—particularly Online Moms.
- Entertainment, health, and local content are great places to engage moms.
- Give moms information to help them get where they need to go.
- Moms can still be enticed to shop online, even when they’re planning their routes.
- Driving directions may be the priority, but don’t forget to entertain moms with your messaging, too.
- The Internet is about function and fun—speak to this audience by addressing both aspects.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Yahoo! Maps Homepage Media Placements: Target consumers in destination mode via the billboard ad, and use options including geo-targeting (IP, ULM, and destination-based), demographic targeting (such as Business Travelers, Moms, and Boomers), and behavioral targeting.
- Yahoo! Maps Print Page Media (Beta): Run placements on Yahoo! Maps print pages, which has 9 million-plus available impressions per month. Destination-based targeting and standard demographic/behavioral targeting are available.
- Yahoo! Maps Business Locator: Create added brand awareness and conversion tools for local businesses with this highly targeted addition to rich-media placements.