Millions of email users are waiting for that all-important response from a potential employer, a crucial business contact, or even a prospective date. In the realm of Yahoo! Mail—the No. 1 email service in the U.S.—that means a whole lot of daily repeat visitors.
Yahoo! Mail’s 97 million unique users spend a considerable average of 10.3 minutes per visit on the site, with its visitors making up more than two times the users of any competitor, including Windows Live Hotmail, AOL Mail, and Google Gmail.
The features of Yahoo! Mail deepen engagement by enabling consumers to do more without ever leaving email. Users stay linked to the outside world and their Inboxes, allowing them to get things done faster, easier, and in a more organized manner.
Users are not only a click away from News, Sports, and other Yahoo! sites, but they’re also automatically plugged in to updates from friends who use Y! Mail (such as who created a Fantasy Football team, commented on a video, or uploaded a photo). Other Yahoo! Mail features include the ability to transfer your contacts from another email account or download Yahoo! Mail to your mobile device.
Breaking News! Be one of the first to to upgrade to the brand-new Yahoo! Mail Beta for faster, easier, safer, and more seamless communications: http://features.mail.yahoo.com.
Innovation and Interaction
Yahoo! Mail delivers massive scale with a 100 percent signed-in audience for full targeting capabilities across all ad placements. The variety of innovative ad formats available on Yahoo! Mail—such as the custom Yahoo! Mail pullover ad—can help you take your brand creative to a new level online, developing lasting emotional engagement with consumers through interactivity. To learn more about ad solutions on Yahoo! Mail, go to rich media, targeting solutions, and Smart Ads.
Key audiences: Women 18–34
Related products: rich media, targeting solutions, Smart Ads
By the Numbers
|Unique Visitors||Page Views|
Source: comScore Media Metrix, U.S., August 2011
Tips for Marketers
Yahoo! has helped businesses succeed in driving results by attracting audiences that regularly visit Mail—Women and Men 18–49, Women 18–34, Online Dads, and Millennials. How to reach these audiences:
- In addition to Yahoo! Mail, engage these groups on entertainment, sports, news, finance, games, and local content.
- Make women and dads feel productive while checking email—give them information they can use.
- Offer deals in your Yahoo! Mail placements—Women 18–49 and Online Dads are savvy shoppers.
- Offer entertainment too—it’s not just about email connections for these audiences.
- Message both fun and function—for all groups, the Internet is about both.
Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Yahoo! Login Page Takeover: Boasting big, bold images and an interactive option, the Yahoo! Login Page gives the advertiser's message the unique opportunity to stand alone.
- Welcome Page Pullover: This targetable Welcome Page 300x250 pre-expands into a teaser panel and then fully expands across the page upon user rollover or click.
- OPA XXL Ad: This targetable placement, which lives on the Yahoo! Mail send/confirm and empty folder pages, is an initial 468x648 that expands to 936x648 upon user rollover or click.
- Welcome Page 300x250 Takeover: This broad-reach placement is recommended for high-impact campaigns such as product launches and other key events. Rich media, including floating, expandable, pre-expanded, and video options are available.