Leading the Way to Your Audience
Whether your online customers live in Little Rock, Arkansas, or near the Great Wall of China, having the ability to pinpoint where in the world your audience is can help drive results for your business.
Yahoo!’s geographic targeting delivers your audiences at scale and drives measureable results. You can:
- Deliver regionally targeted marketing messages at scale to extremely focused audience segments.
- Target your ads by country, state, designated market area (as defined by AC Nielsen’s DMA zones), or ZIP code, and reach your intended audience with a highly efficient media buy.
- Target multiple geographic audiences simultaneously with customized messages for each region, increasing the relevance and performance of the messaging.
- In the U.S. alone, locate a precise geographic audience among 178 million-plus Yahoo! visitors.1
Yahoo!'s Location Detection: Precision in Spades
Unlike other providers that rely solely on IP information, Yahoo! geographic targeting leverages multiple data sources -- including IP address, visitor registration data, and location data self-provided by consumers across a range of Yahoo! services -- to determine the most accurate location of potential customers. A proprietary Yahoo! algorithm validates both IP address and location to ensure highly accurate location-based targeting.
Proximity Match -- a solution that targets consumers based on the geographical distance of their home address from your store or business location -- amplifies the accuracy of location-based targeting to help you drive local traffic conversions. Use Proximity Match for retail; CPG; quick-service restaurants; beverages; restaurant, bar, and hospitality; and services to:
- Find and target qualified consumers who live near your business locations.
- Increase ROI by localizing target audiences.
- Get measurable local results.
Related products: demographic targeting, behavioral targeting
How and Where to Use Geographic Targeting
Use geographic targeting across PC and mobile devices when you:
- Offer services in a specific geographic area.
- Sell products online and ship only within a specific geographic area.
- Have an offline storefront where customers purchase products.
- Want to drive targeted visitors to different local sites of your national company.
- Need to test a specific location for market potential.
- Are legally restricted to advertising within a specific geographic region.
Yahoo! delivers the unique combination of Science + Art + Scale to power your business' performance with advertising solutions -- like sophisticated geographic targeting -- that deliver the results you need from the audience you want. Learn more by contacting us or your Yahoo! Sales rep.
1comScore Media Metrix U.S. Data, July 2011
See a case study