Digital City is a fun, informative and interactive exhibit that aims to educate clients on Yahoo!’s latest and greatest online offerings. The idea for Digital City was sparked in 2011, when Yahoo! was exploring new and unique ways to share our innovative advertising solutions and entertaining original programs with creative agency partners throughout the U.S.
With the help of a talented artist from Amsterdam, we conceptualized the idea for a traveling exhibit that blended a retro design with modern technology, and used physical kiosks and on-screen experiences to showcase Yahoo! content, products, and solutions. The design and shape of the kiosks, artistic map-like flooring, easy-to-use software, and vibrant color schemes all work together to create an immersive, multi-faceted, visually stimulating experience for visitors to our traveling city.
Each Digital City event offers a number of opportunities for targeted engagement with clients, through use of high-touch, self-navigational elements, including:
- Content presentations on Yahoo!’s latest offerings around mobile, tablet, content experiences, and Social TV, plus findings from our latest research, and more
- Interactive displays that use “always-on” touch-screen monitors to share:
- Innovative ad executions, broken out by category
- Videos of the best of Yahoo!’s original content
- Details on our highly effective targeting solutions
- A “giant iPhone” that showcases some of the greatest mobile executions out there
- A television that lets visitors check out Connected TV
- iPads featuring the best Yahoo! apps
Since its launch, Digital City has proven to provide unique experiences that are tailored to each client at every stop—along with a wealth of new networking opportunities for its visitors.