Extend Your Search Advertising Campaigns by Engaging Consumers as They Browse Content
Content ads are text ads that are displayed next to relevant content on Yahoo! and MSN as well as participating partner websites. These ads can run across a variety of high-quality sites, including Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Sports, Hotmail, MSNBC.com, and many others. The combined Content Ads Network saw more than 43 billion monthly ad impressions.1
What are the benefits of advertising contextually with Content Ads?
Content Ads provide you with a solution to easily extend your reach with quality traffic while enhancing your ROI:
1. Increased Efficiency
- Easily extend search campaigns to the content network.
- Use advanced targeting features to customize your ad placements based on keyword (geographic and demographic targeting) or site (site targeting)
2. Better Performance
- Distribute the ads across premium sites, including properties like Yahoo! and MSN and many other quality partners.
- Use exclusion tools to customize your content ad placements.
3. More Transparency
- Use the Publisher Placement report to gain insights (such as impressions, clicks, and conversions) for your Content Ads campaigns across each of the publishers within the network.
- Manage your ROI easily with the Bing Ads conversion tracking tool.
Content Ads and Search Ads Share Comparable Conversion Rates2
|Industry||Search Ads||Content Ads|
1Microsoft Internal Data, March 2011
2Conversion rate data for “hybrid” advertisers in the combined marketplace in July 2011.
When Do Content Ads Appear?
The search advertising platform analyzes the content of a web-page to determine its meaning. It then matches relevant keyword-targeted Content Ads to display on the page. Similar to search retargeting, these ads can reach their relevant audience anywhere that audience goes if the audience has already shown interest in the topic.